hank you for joining in the session today and making so interesting.
We started with getting introduced to each other so as to be able to work as a more cohesive group. The common thing we all struggle with is being confident in our presentation and successfully convey our thoughts do the role player or examiner.
We then discussed a clinical scenario of getting consent for the procedure. Dr C took the hotseat with Dr S & Dr H taking on the examiner caps. The father was reluctant which made it a little challenging. Very good attempt and relevant observations.
- Got into flow of ‘station’ as first time.
- Need to peak ‘slower’ – a trait I think from our subcontinent – not for all though.
- How to counsel parents when refusing advice.
- CANNOT delay treatment. Discuss options of choice.
- Use correct Anatomical description.
- Be confident in your own competence
- LPs, Venepunctures etc you should be confident and comfortable to perform
- Mention Task as early as possible – first 30-60 seconds
Visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or any points I may have missed.