Thank you for participating in the session today and sitting through our trial of ‘new’ technology for us – breakout rooms in zoom. IT did not go as I expected but it did give an opportunity to more hotseat experience and discussion beneficial to all.
- Good introduction / opening statement: ‘We are meeting because your daughter has a problem tell me more ….’
- ‘Why are we here today?’ … sounds grating to ears – even though correct.
- I would say what I information I have and then build on it.
- “I have letter from your GP mentioning Deborah, your daughter, has a problem with her phoo. Can you tell me more…’ Then keep quiet. OR words to this effect.
- Read up common conditions.
- Differential diagnosis and key question points in the 4 minutes while ‘reading & waiting’.
- Ask relevant questions.
- Remember examiner has been listening so DO NOT make up later. Admit you forgot to ask.
- Management plans need to be suitable to scenario.
- Be aware of treatments used and also a reasonably well informed of drug actions.
add your comment or any point I may have missed.