Thank you for participating in the session today have a first session of the winter course.
We started with a communication scenario in which Dr T role played a FY2 doctors and Dr S took the hotseat. Communication style was suitable. Some improvements are in the learning points.
I then had a PowerPoint presentation on Communication stations, tasks, skills and how to score maximum points.
- ACCURACY of information is paramount.
- Wrong information ‘trumps’ everything else you may do at a station
- You can correct Role player’s ‘wrong’ concepts and do not need to accept them at correct
- Arrange to check points you may not know and meet again
- Very likely – role player may give you a clue / lead
- Know who you will be speaking with and Greet appropriately
- Do not MIX Communication with H&M station
- Shishir’s 2-minute rule
- AG’s 30-second rule
- Write down the task – it will help keep your focus
- Be aware when turning into a Monologue!!
Add your comments and comments.