The information given was of a 6 month infant gaining excessive weight crossing from 50th to 91st centile. Presentation was of distress, throwing out / extending of arms and legs.
First impression could have been of Infantile spasms / Salaam attacks but the differentiating point was the history of weight gain. Most struggled.
Learning points were:
- ALL given information is relevant and MUST be considered
- Work on a differential diagnosis
- Watch the video till the end
- Ask relevant questions in history to help you differentiate your DD
- Specific targeted examination
- Keep management simple and first things first
- Always mention will discuss with your consultant
- The session was to highlight importance of using all information provided.
Check out if I have missed any other learning points.