Thank you for participating in the session today.
Dr L gave a brief synopsis of ADHD – Hyperactivity & Attention deficit. What are the diagnostic criteria, how to manage children, when to use pharmocological agents and which with their significant side effects.
Clinical stations were agreed. At start we agreed the time line for the session – a presentation on the nuts & bolts of the clinical station and then a detailed discussion on individual stations:
We had a Q&A with Dr Sonia, who has returned to join us as Faculty after clearing her exam in February diet from Banglore. She gave practical tips on what happens during the exam and how to respond and clerify doubts. Better to Clarify than to go down the wrong ‘avenue’ and then get a ‘0’ at the end.
The Learning points are:
- Check for Pain and reassure you will stop if activity painful
- Follow: Inspection – Palpation – Percussion – Ausculation
- General Physical examination is a must for every station
- Mention any obvious abnormaility – even if of a different ‘system’
- Don’t comment / mention – what you know ‘nothing’ about!
- Growth chart – be prepared to PLOT Wt & HT – if asked – (practice)
- Expose the part – else exaniation will be incomplete
- When in doubt of task – Clarify
- Practice at least 2 hours per day till exam in May with study partners
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.