Thank you for participating in the session today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Meningitis in neonate
- Increased Intra Cranial Pressure
The Clinical station was a Video station. The Clip showed a boy with history of hospital admission following a viral infection and with high stepping gait. Dr P was in the hotseat, while Dr S & Dr D wore the examiner hats. Dr P identified the clinical signs and formulated appropriate questions to ask and targeted examination. Examiners were able to add the missing links. Breathing difficulty vs respiratory support, muscle to and deep tendon reflexes.
The Learning Points are:
- Develop a differential diagnosis – do NOT stick with ONLY one.
- Take all the information provided in developing your DD
- Investigations – it is reasonable to check specific results from medical records – this is something you will do in your clinic
- Mention Investigations with expected results.
- Hotseat has a seriously detrimental effect on the brain!!!
- Be prepared – Practice – Practice – Practice.
Please visit www.mrcpchclinicals.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.