Thank you for participating in the sessions today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Checklist prior to transfer CHD child to Tertiary unit
- Asthma therapy – complications
- Acute Leukaemia – Symptoms & Signs
The Clinical station was a Video Scenario. 6 month old with Failure to thrive plus clues: tachypnoea, nasogastric tube in place. Dr A was in the Hotseat while Dr S and Dr R wore the examiner hat. Dr A was systematic and picked up some of the cues. Others also had difficulty with cues. They noticed there was some ‘thing’ but chose to ignore it. Discussion was wide ranging and covered a lot of ground.
Learning points are:
- Concentrate on different ‘parts’ of video clip
- Do NOT reconfirm what you have noted already
- This will help in NOT missing subtle signs
- If in doubt ASK. Mark / scar …. Examiner should clarify
- Develop a differential diagnosis
- Think of SIMPLE diagnosis
- History questions should be based on your DD.
- Examination has to be SPECIFIC – virtually Yes/No answer
- Management is Broadbased
- It includes OTHER measures beside Pharmacological drugs
Please visit www.mrcpchonline to add your comments or points I may have missed.