Thank you for participating in the session today.
In RRR we discussed:
- 1 day old baby – hypotonic, poor handling
- MCUG – describe to mother
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
The clinical station covered was a Communication scenario on request of Dr A, who also was our Role Player. Dr S & Dr N had the examiner hats. FY2 wishes to discuss her audit project – to discuss and manage her concerns. Dr A took the hotseat. He made a very good attempt but there were some valid points noted by the ‘Examiners’.
The Learning points are:
- Communication skill is essential to pass the exam.
- Read the task carefully.
- You should follow Role Player’s agenda and NOT your!
- Let Role player speak uninterrupted after opening introductions.
- Summarize briefly – 3-4 sentences – at 6 minutes.
- You have to be ACCURATE with MEDICAL FACTS
- Listen to Role Player for cues – vital
- Briefly describe Normal before describing Abnormality.
- Investigation – say with expected results.
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments of points I may have missed.