Thank you for participating in the session today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Anaphylaxis – discharge planning
- DKA – complications
- UTI – sample collection
For the main session we had a change of schedule. The History and Management scenario was substituted for a Power Point presentation on History & Management by AG. We covered different aspects of history at various exam stations and the emphasis required to get optimal results. PP presentation will be able online to view.
The learning points are:
- Remember the Guru Mantras we discussed.
- History & Management: generally involves a crisis in 3-6 months & can also be acute first time presentations
- Developmental history: trying to find out aetiology and what child can do.
- Video station: Closed questions for specific ‘diagnosis’
- Clinical: few at some tasks e.g. MSK
- Communication: little relevant questions to aid addressing concerns
- Summarize at 9 mins – to refresh what you have covered and what further to cover
- Read information provided & Listen carefully to Role player
- Do not turn it into Communication station: Acknowledge & Park queries
- Be a ‘Positive & Reassuring doctor’ & NOT a ‘Doctor of Doom & Gloom’
- Talk to the point – need not give Rationale for every statement.
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.