Thank you for participating in the session today. Yesterday and today were we heard from our doctors who took the exam in India and Nepal recently. As a First All 10 of the 10 who took sat the exam are successful. It is the first time when all have passed. This makes us really proud and we would like to congratulate them on their hard work and success.
In Rapid Random Review we discussed:
- Precocious Puberty
- Acute diarrhoea
The Communication scenario was of a discussion in Antenatal clinic with a women who has a positive drug screen taken 3 weeks ago. Dr D was the Role Player, Dr A and Dr P had the examiner hat and Dr R took the hot seat. Dr R had a very good attempt at a relatively difficult scenario. Introduction was good. Others contributed in the follow up discussion.
The Learning points are:
- Read the Information provided VERY CAREFULLY
- Identify key points
- Understand the Task carefully.
- Be calm – even when Role Player shows aggression
- Speak in 30 sec bits – AVOID monologues
- Communication is about Dialogue
- Speak Less – Hear more.
- Let Role Player Direct you. Do NOT follow your agenda.
- Brief summary at 6 minutes
- http://www.frimleyhealthandcare.org – gives guidelines on Drug misuse
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.