Thank you for participating in the session today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Upper / Lower Motor Neurone Lesion
- Constipation – visible healing anal fissure
The clinical station showed a 9 year old with evidence of left Hemiplegia. Dr R took the hotseat. Dr J, Dr J and DR P had the examiner hat. Verbalizing the exam is quite a challenge and in my opinion more difficult than having a child in front of you. It is very easy to overrun and not complete the exam in 6 minutes.
The Learning points are:
- Remember it is a Focused examination
- You will not be able to cover ‘ALL you wish’.
- Genral physical and looking around room – 1 min max.
- Comment on any ‘abnormal’ finding – cue
- Splints / aids / medications
- General health – mention
- Examine without ‘splint’ if shown wearing
- GAIT – start when child standing
- Follow by Sitting on floor and getting up
- Conclude with your impression: UML lesion / LMN lesion
Please visit www.mrcpshonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.