Thank you for participating in the session today.
In RRRs we discussed:
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Pulled Elbow
- Dehydration assessment
For Clinical station – AG first presented Do’s & Don’ts of the Clinical stations. What to do and what should be done differently. DR U then reviewed a CVS station and summarised. It is very easy to get into difficulty by going into details that are not required and not being systematic.
The Learning points are:
- Watch the video cues very carefully
- Concentrate on different ‘signs’ besides one you have noted in first view
- All signs shown have relevance – note and mention
- General physical examination is part of EVERY station
- Spend 30 – 45 sec to look around and note any splints / medication
- General well being / growth / any obvious abnormality
- PAIN – be aware and check at start of examination
- Practice to verbalize your examination
- Offer a differential diagnosis if cannot narrow down to a single
- Mention investigations with expected results
- Do NOT just give a list of investigations.
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.