Thank you for joining the session today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Acute cholangitis in children
- Acute Liver Failure in children ( remember Paracetamol overdose!)
We started the Video Station today. AG gave a PowerPoint presentation of What & How of the Video station, how you are assessed and how to get ask relevant questions, answers and get maximum marks. Dr N took the hot seat and noted the clinical signs but there were points that were missed but are essential to note in the exam.
The Learning Points are:
- Read the initial introduction information VERY carefully.
- Each word / sentence has been carefully chosen to give information
- After noting a clue / sign – do not ‘watch’ it again, note it, look for OTHER signs
- Reading the information backwards – can help overcome ‘blind spots’.
- Analyse all information gathered.
- Develop a differential diagnosis: Common things common.
- Try and avoid ending up with ONLY one diagnosis.
- If Examiner ‘suggests a different diagnosis’ – accept it for further discussion.
- Present succinctly with supporting evidence of your decisions.
- Paint picture with ‘Broad’ categories first before come to finer points
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.