Thank you for attending the session.
In RRR we discussed:
- Tics – Tourette’s
- Acute Bronchiolitis
- Chronic constipation
The Communication scenario was of a discussion with a student nurse who was ‘upset’ and wanted to know why information of illness of a 13 year old was not shared with the young person on his parents advice. Dr M was a good Role Player & Dr R made a very good attempt at tackling the subject. Dr A had a second interaction with Dr M. there was very good rapport. Most of the tasks were covered but there are a few points.
Learning points are:
- Medical ethics is an important topic – brush up knowledge
- Body language is very important
- ‘There are no rights or wrongs in such circumstance.
- Ethics Guidelines gives us a frame work to deal with difficult situations’.
- 4 pillars of Ethics are …
- Check with Role Player to explain ‘What is worrying them / is concerning them?’
- Do not ask Role Player to summarize – ‘they can take a long time’.
- “We will encourage parents to tell at the earliest – can do it together’.
Visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or add points I may have missed.