Thank you for participating in the session today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Hearing loss in children
- Abdominal migraine
The video scenario was of a 7 year old with h/o viral infection requiring 4 week hospitalisation. Reviewed in OP 4 weeks after discharge – demonstrating wide based, unsteady, high stepping gait. Dr V took the hotseat with Dr I and Dr S as examiners. Everybody contributed to the discussion and it was a very interesting session.
- Focused history in video station is not like in history station
- Develop a differential diagnosis with all cues in initial information & Video clues
- ‘Was the child absolutely normal prior to current illness’ is a very useful question.
- Questions specific to support or refute your DD – formulate them.
- Give positives & Negatives when discussing diagnosis with examiner
- Structure your answers in category – you will communicate your thoughts better.
- In Video station – a lot of diagnosis are POSSIBLE – you have to choose most LIKELY
We have concluded our winter course / session. On Thursday we start Spring session. We will start with Communication – the most important skill for the exam.
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or anything I have missed.