Thank you for participating in the session today.
International Child Health Group is subgroup RCPCH of paediatricians with interest in collaborating with peers internationally. Currently we are working on and rolling out mentorship scheme. My request to you all will be to check the site and join the Group.
|ICHG Global Child Health Network Created by the International Child Health Group (ICHG) – a subspecialty interest group of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH). It is a group for paediatricians and health professionals with an interest in improving global child health. The ICHG Global Health Mentorship Scheme is a new mentorship scheme for all students and professionals with an interest and a passion for Global Child Health. Mentors are paired with Mentees all around the world aiming to share career advice, opportunities and knowledge with a focus on Global Child Health.ichg-global-health-mentorship-scheme.mn.co|
Our meeting was a little short due to Mentorship seminar.
In our RRR we discussed:
- Bow legs. Possible causes. Rickets: cause of rickets
Communication scenario was of a 14 year old girl, a Jehovah’s witness needing urgent transfusion to avoid permanent damage or death. Mother is refusing to give consent. Dr J was a superb role player and Dr V was in the hot seat. Very well attempted.
Learning points are:
- Confirm how RP will like to be addressed – DO NOT assume
- Do not make it a monologue
- Check what RP knows before going into details yourself
- Gillick competence – read and know
- Avoid jargon – ‘modalities’ of treatment’.
- Safe Guarding is an important and necessary management option
- Discuss Safe guarding and DO NOT be afraid to say it is Legal requirement
- Take personalities out of the discussion
Visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or add points I may have missed.
|MRCPCH Clinicals Onlineworking together to reach your goalwww.mrcpchonline.org|