Thank you for joining the session today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Dyspnoea – how to assess. most severe difficulty in speaking
- Child Development Team (MDT) – members and roles
- Seizure & Epilepsy. What?
In the Communication Station – the scenario was of a 2.5 yr old admitted multiple bruises of different ages. Non Accidental Injury is suspected. Grandfather, who does not know, has come to collect the child. Explain your suspicion and management plan. Dr I was in the Role player mode and Dr A took the hot seat. A very good attempt, knew all the relevant points however presentation needs to be worked on.
Learning Points are:
- Do Not forget Rules of ‘Engagement’.
- Introductions – ask what the Role Player will like to be called as.
- Let them speak to mention their concerns or expectations.
- Mention your task
- Rapport building
- Explore social history – who all take care of child
- Do NOT make it a lecture. Remember 30 second rule.
- Role player is Less stressful but gives insight into what to explore
- Hot seat is a MUST – you will have 9 of them in the exam
- Practice makes Perfect – help you stay in control
Visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.