Thank you for participating in the session even when some of you were on long shift.
We moved on to Development station. In the RRR we discussed:
- GMFCS. Score of 1-5.
- 6 stages of play – age related to 4+ years
- ADHD & ASD – screening
Development station is an important component of the clinical exam and a comparatively difficult station for most of us. Exposure to Community paediatrics is limited for most trainees – specially overseas.
AG discussed a PP presentation on the Development station on What and How?
Next few sessions we will watch and verbalize actual tasks after watching simulated attempts.
- Scared. Is the first thought that comes to mind
- Practice, practice, practice.
- Sit in Community / development clinics in hospital – if time permits
- Start development – lower age – work upwards.
- One tool / toy at a time
- Do not confuse or overwhelm the child
Visit www.mrcpcholonie.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.