Thank you for participating in the session today.
In Rapid Random Review we discussed:
- Stridor – Laryngomalacia – web – sub glottic stenosis – Vascular ring
- Floppy infant
- Intrathoracic mass – Malignancy – Hodgkin’s DD TB. Pneumonia
Dr D, Dr P and Dr K completed the task well.
Clinical station was: 6 year old boy who has come for routine FU. Examine his eyes.Dr D conducted the examination and covered all. He has a very real looking prosthetic eye.
- Keep malignancy is DD of thoracic mass
- Do not ‘blurt out’ diagnosis if you are not sure of what they ‘mean’.
- Watch for verbal diarrhoea – always leads to trouble
- check ‘group of muscles’ flexors, extensors etc
- Eye examination – always start with testing acuity in EACH eye
- Be systematic
Add your comments or anything I may have missed.