Thank you for participating in the session today.
Random Rapid Review:
- ABCDE … 10 year old following RTA in A&E
- Monitoring for raised Intracranial pressure
Video scenario was of a 6- year old with evidence of generalised rash, involvement of mucosa and progressing to flaccid bullous eruption. Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis – a rare condition but can be fatal hence should know about it.
Have your DD: TENS / SJS / SSS.
- Need to be systematic
- Think on broad lines and use umbrella terms for initial diagnostic evaluation
- Differential is essential to formulate a plan for history and examination questions
- Mindful of time – need to be slick.
- It may seem familiar but still hold true.
- Pay attention to TASK set.
- Do NOT spend your time in not asked for but other equally important
- Mention ABCDE and move to task asked. Else you will not generate any marks.
Visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or any points I may have missed.