Thank you for your participation in today’s video station session.
We looked at two clips one was of a six-year-old with rash with Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (TENS) and second of a 12 yr old with Generalised seizure like activity (NEAD). Dr A, Dr Y and Dr S – took the hot seat as there were some internet connection issues. Findings were discussed. Discussion was very generally good.
- Watch a few videos of True Epileptic seizures so you are sure of what a generalized seizure looks like!
- Know the management well.
- Be confident of your observations.
- Do not ask for information already given.
- Some noted the clinical signs but did not mention as not sure
- NEAD is a frequent symptom and needs to be tackled appropriately
- Learn how to address Functional disorders
- Do NOT forget the 30 sec rule
- When asked ‘What will you do?” – Do NOT mention What you will NOT do!