Thank you for participating in the session today and making it so interesting and informative.
We covered two scenarios today: NAI 2.5 yrs old and Febrile convulsion 1 year old – may seem like a repeat to some.
Vidisha acted as the role player in both scenarios and we had Dr Aloke do a good doctor job and a not so good doctor job on the two scenarios.
The execution of the scenarios was excellent with all the salient points an examiner will be looking for while marking your communication station.I was really pleased by the keen observations of the participants who picked up the positive points in the good doctor performance and all the negative points in the bad doctor performance:
Introduction / rapport building / empathy / body language on Zoom Video! besides actual spoken words.
- Non Accidental Injury – how to present – use ‘Safe guarding’ vs ‘NAI’
- Do NOT accuse – it is about child’s safety and working with family
- Read the task carefully
- 2 minute rule by Shishir: PLAN FIRST 2 MINUTES ONLY OF CONSULTATION WHILE WAITING.
- There after respond to the role player.
- Do not try and work out the whole scenario as you will focus on agenda and not Role player.
- Vital to try and stay on the same page as the role player.
Add and points I may have missed or comments.
Session on 22 September – Tuesday will be at 6:00 – 7:00 pm UK time.