Thank you for attending the session today and to Ankita for taking the hot seat.
We discussed a 14-year-old with history of tachycardia since the age of four years on treatment and no worse for the past four months. She saw a specialist and was advised an operation and has been concerned and has come to see you for her routine visit. The history was taken well. It’s important to remember HEADSS + menstural – for a teenage Female.
Important to know of common conditions and treatment of supraventricular tachycardia.
- Remember it is focused history hand do not wander too wide.
- Take the clues from the information given – you need not second guess the diagnosis
- Generally with chronic conditions – some triggers in previous 4-6 months
- Teenage history: HEADSS essential
- Summarize at 9 minutes before carrying on.
- Be empathic – EVEN is a history station.