We discussed clinical station – Abdomen – presentation today. Initially a talk on how to approach CS – where the task is to examine Abdomen of a child.
The learning points are:
- Listen to the task VERY carefully.
- Statement has clues likely final diagnosis
- General physical examination is ESSENTIAL part of task
- Note the scars and know associated common surgery
- Transverse abdominal scars – which seems ‘huge’ are likely to be due to surgery in neonatal or early infancy.
- If you see a scar you are not familiar with – mention you are not familiar with it – branding or cautery is practised by ‘Native practitioner’.
- A mark of Zero is awarded in exam if one does not follow the task.
how to join this course and the fee
Dear Dr Nasser – Apology for the delay in reply. We have delayed the course due to the pandemic and do not have a definite date yet. Next diet of clinical examination is unlikely before September.
We will keep you informed.