We discussed a CVS case today in the session.
The learning points are:
- Murmur identification is still confusing
- Look for the scars carefully – have a working knowledge of what surgery may have been done
- Look at surroundings on entering the room – stroller / medication
- Femoral pulse examination is important part – do it OR ask for it
- Do NOT make up signs to fit in with your ‘Diagnosis’.
- DO NOT GO OVERBOARD WITH GIVING A DIAGNOSIS
- Keep it simple
- Interpret into Clinical relevance what you have observed.
- If NOT sure of a sign – ask to recheck OR mention with caveat.
PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE
WHAT MURMUR IS THIS? IS THE TITLE CORRECT?