Role played and discussed scenario on 8 month old with noisy breathing. Born at 28 weeks, 900 gms. Progressive feeding difficulty over past 3 months.
Learning points from group:
- Relevant history only – else can risk being marked done for irrelevant questions.
- Explore current problems.
- Ask ‘mother’ to demonstrate noise if possible, to determine site in respiratory tract
- Think of 3 differential diagnosis when reading details and work through them
- Broad base DD and then narrow down.
- Succinct presentation – try and not ramble on.
Common themes but we still fall down at basics.